What is Diploma Plus?
First, it represents LSR7's mission for all students to graduate with a high school diploma So, what is the “plus” you ask? It is our desire for students to graduate with diploma plus a marketable asset, such as work experience, extensive college credit, industry certification, or entrepreneurial experience.
The Diploma Plus signifies that our graduates have social capital. This social capital among our graduates will manifest itself through the active connections within the community and through observable target behaviors. All of this to develop a skilled workforce needed to ensure economic prosperity.
This initiative will positively impact elementary and middle school innovative learning, as well as program offerings and structures at the high school level.
- Is Diploma Plus mandatory?
- Is Diploma Plus just for students who aren't going to college?
- Why would my student want to earn the Diploma Plus?
- When is the first opportunity to earn Diploma Plus?
- Do I have to apply for Diploma Plus, like the A+ program?
- What work has LSR7 done to support the goals of Diploma Plus?
- What is Real World Learning?
- How do Real World Learning and Diploma Plus support student success?